A quarter-life crisis?

 I absolutely NEED to begin this journey with questions. Perhaps not for someone who would read this, but for my own sanity. Why is this blog needed? Is what I have to say really that important or even coherent that it requires a blog? Is this desire of reaching a wider audience another gimmick? Would I lose the spark for it after ten days? Is this, in fact, an official declaration of a quarter-life crisis?

The purpose of these questions is simple. They should act as reminders and light bearers for me to continue this endeavour. To let Houston know, the current feelings are a swirl of anticipation, self-doubt, excitement and hope.

Coffee cups and cigarettes- uh, yes. The website gave me an opportunity to construct my own URL. The pressure was immense. I sat with it for twenty minutes and ultimately decided to go on with a song (sighs are welcomed). I couldn’t afford to mess up and I think music can never do you wrong. Or maybe it can. This is stuff for religions to think about. I would like to stick to my narrative of music not judging you. The relatability of this song to my life is a question for another day. Do I drink coffee? Yes. Do I smoke? Moving on, this song by Tomo is a go-to for a rainy day. And when you want to jump off a balcony. It advices you to leave coffee cups and smoke cigarettes on the balcony instead.

Shaam-e-gham- a song, again. I don’t know if you can call ghazals songs. I do not want music to take this blog over but since music is an important part of my life and I have promised myself that this is MY blog, MY creative space and MY dumping ground, I would do with it as I please. This ghazal by Talat Mahmood was recorded for a 1953 film - Footpath. The film touches upon black marketing and the homeless. Old really is timeless. ‘Zindagi gham ke sehraaon mein kho gayi’. I relate to this song because I want to be sad. Or probably I like the thrill it brings along.

This blog would not be based on specifics. It would be an analysis of my life by - wait for it - me. And things that I feel like talking about. And things I would force myself to talk about.

You’re here. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Wishing you all the best for the mid life crisis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud of you… idk what or how this is relatable but the questions you’ve asked are the questions I ask myself quite often and it felt nice to know even in our own minds we’re no different

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with Aditi's blogging era
    All the best ❤️πŸ’‹πŸ’—✨

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love love loveeeee itπŸ’—πŸŒ·

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the love to youπŸ₯°πŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  6. 😍 waiting for another oneeee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts